At Meridian we are always looking for energetic and talented people to join our team. Please use the links below to apply for a specific position or send us your resume!
We are hiring a Full-time, Permanent individual for our Lloydminster location for the position of Technician to provide installation services on voice & data cable, structured cabling systems, wireless systems, business phones systems, VoIP, cellular boosters, computer hardware, network hardware among others. We are willing to train the right candidate.
Breakdown of duties:
- Installing and repairing voice and data cables.
- Responding to and resolving any issues that may arise during the installation and/or operation.
- Performing high quality workmanship and taking all necessary precautions to prevent service disruptions.
- Operating and understanding all products and services required.
- Identifying and correcting issues in a safe and controlled manner.
- Troubleshooting systems and performing necessary repairs.
- Effectively servicing equipment with little to no supervision.
- Maintaining work records and all related documents.
- Evaluating and diagnosing equipment that requires servicing.
- Carrying out the mechanical and physical installation activities.
- Communicating with the other members of the team, other employees, Supervisors, and Managers, clients, vendors, and industry specialists.
- Adhering to and enforcement of Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned including coordination and supervision of outside contractors as required.
What we need from you:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience with Panasonic, NEC, Toshiba, Mitel phone systems is an asset.
- Experience with VoIP is an asset.
- Experience as a Cable & Telephone Installer/Technician or experience in a related industry is an asset.
- Completion of a Provincial Apprenticeship program or equivalent post-secondary education in a related field is an asset.
- Knowledge of electrical and RF systems.
- Knowledge if networking protocols and hardware.
- Strong problem-solving techniques.
- Available to work 40 hours per week, with the potential for overtime hours, if needed
- Ability to lift 75lbs and carry, climb, and work from a ladder or lift.
- Ability to use various hand tools and small power tools
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality, professional customer service to our clients with the ability to explain service solutions in a clear and concise manner.
- Interacting with other employees, supervisors, managers, clients, vendors, and industry specialist in a professional manner.
- Maintaining a valid and clean motor vehicle license.
- Strong technical knowledge in equipment installation with specific knowledge on relevant technologies.
- Enforcing and adhering to all company policies and procedures including Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and speak English as our common workplace language for written and verbal communication is English.
- Physically able to perform duties in an Industrial environment which include but are not limited to walking, climbing, driving extended periods of time in potential extreme climates in both day and nighttime conditions, lift or carry more than 25 lbs, reaching above, at and below shoulder level, bending, crouching, kneeling, crawling, and sitting or standing for extended periods of time while following health and safety procedures on site locations.
* A satisfying work environment.
* Permanent, full-time employment.
* Competitive hourly wage.
* Two weeks paid vacation yearly
* Medical Benefits
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $34,823.00-$53,760.00 per year
We are always on the hunt for smart, energetic & talented individuals to join our team, if this sounds like you send please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org